Advertisement

Rare Body Features That Will Fascinate You

Advertisement
Advertisement

Every person on the planet is unique in some way or the other. Yes, we’re all born with an equal number of limbs and some common features, but some things make everyone a bit of an X-man. We have brought together 15 fascinatingly rare body features that some people possess. Read ahead to find out if you have any one of them.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Globe Luxation

Globe Luxation

Globe Luxation is the most eye-popping abnormality one can have (literally). People with this condition can open their eyes so broad that it looks like they’re going to pop out of the socket. The eye gets displaced outside the orbital rim, making them bulge out. According to studies, diseases like thyroid eye disease, floppy eyelid syndrome, and shallow orbit can cause this condition. Some doctors say Globe Luxation can also be associated with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Tetrachromacy

Tetrachromacy

About 75 percent of people worldwide are usually born with two or three color receptors and are therefore known as dichromats or trichromats, respectively. The rest of the 25 percent are born with four. This rare set of people is called tetrachromats. With four cones in their eyes, tetrachromats can see millions of more colors than others. The extra color receptor allows the brain to perceive colors that are not visible to the normal human eye.

Advertisement

Palmaris Longus

Palmaris Longus

Palmaris Longus is a tendon that is present in most of the population. However, the tendon doesn’t serve a lot of purposes. In some people (14 percent of the entire population), this purposeless cartilage is absent. The only advantage is that it may help you when climbing trees. If you want to check whether you have the Palmaris Longus, press your thumb and pinky together, as shown in the picture, and carefully look if a little bone pops out from under your palm.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Healthy relationship

8 Signs You’re Actually In A Healthy Relationship

violence against Asian Americans

Olivia Munn Speaks Up About Spiking Violence Against Asian Americans